Application procedure for the Double Degree:
Please submit your application documents to UC for the program “Magister en Física Médica”. You can find the list of application documents (required by UC), the application deadline (usually in November every year), address and additional information about the application process on the following website of UC:
Your application will be reviewed by the Postgraduate Committee at UC. Successful applicants to the “Magister en Física Médica” Program at UC will receive the corresponding admission letter mid/end of December every year.
Once you have received your admission letter by UC, please submit the following application documents to UHD by January 15th every year:
1. Certified hardcopy of your high school diploma (or equivalent)
2. Certified hardcopy of your university degree of min. 180 ECTS points (e.g. Bachelor’s degree or Diploma degree) in the field of Physics, Medical Physics, Biomedical Engineering or equivalent.
3. Certified hardcopies of your transcripts of records or a list of your grades and, if applicable, a certified hardcopy of your diploma supplement
4. Proof of professional working experience in Medical Physics (if applicable)
5. Spanish and English language proficiency:
2. English language proficiency at a level comparable to C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference, as evidenced by one of the following language tests:
6. One motivation letter in English
7. Two recommendation letters in English (addressed to the program leader Prof. Jürgen Debus, MD, PhD)
8. Tabular CV in English
If the red marked application documents are in Spanish, please submit them as certified hardcopies and officially translated into English, French or German! Please send all documents to the following address:
Address and contact for application at UHD:
Heidelberg Center for Latin America
Johanna Höhl, PhD
Las Hortensias 2340
7510350 Providencia, Santiago de Chile
The admission committee at UHD will decide on your application and will issue the corresponding admission letter end of January or beginning of February every year. Once you are admitted at UHD you can register at UHD as a student of the Double Degree Master’s program “Clinical Medical Physics”.
Applications will be admitted in accordance with the respective admissions regulations of UC and UHD. The applicants need to be admitted by both universities to study the Master’s Course “Clinical Medical Physics”. Furthermore, students may only participate in the Heidelberg part (third & fourth semester) following successful completion of the first two semesters at UC.